If you are thinking of entering the ever expanding business opportunities in the global market called internet, you should seriously consider looking into some of the prerequisite required such as resources, web hosting etc. An ecommerce business would be quite profitable if you can do it right. A successful ecommerce website has to maintain the balance between its resources, customers and security.
Research about the resources you are going to get with the package. As a ecommerce site, you will have to deal with lots of traffic and you don’t want to lose your potential customers over this. Millions of people use search engines daily, so get search engine friendly software as it would prove lot beneficial for your business.
At the present time internet has become the global network of millions of people and launching a website is the best way to reach a remarkable percentage of them, but first you would need a web hosting company. Hosting companies are those companies which would provide you with the space, domain name and facilities to maintain your business or website online. Besides hosting, these companies also provide your website with security against the threats that may arise in the internet.
If you search in Google, you will find a good number of web hosting companies that promises to deliver everything you need to get established in this “billion dollar industry”. Even though their offer seems tempting, you should consider a lot of things like charges, bandwidth, space, server uptime, and money-back guarantee while choosing a particular company to host your website. Some companies may offer you a bonus or discount while purchasing their plans and you should always consider taking the deal if they have what you were looking for.
If you`re not satisfied with your current hosting company and planning to change the hosting company due reasons like technical support not able to swiftly solve the problems, extra features not available, billing indiscretion or over billing then you should consider following points before changing your host.
1. BACKUP EVERYTHING – All of your data stored in hosting company’s server will be deleted as soon as you discontinue the service, so don’t even think about forgetting to copy some files.
2. Make sure that your new host supports all your present software and services – One of the main reason to switch web hosting providers is to achieve improved features or software. But still, you need to check the compatibility of core software and services that you must have to keep your site running smoothly.
3. Investigate your DNS settings before the transfer - Don`t wait until the last minute to investigate and understand this process. It is a change that must be made with your registrar of record. Therefore, be sure you know where your domain name is registered before moving the account.
4. Perform an online background check on your top candidates - Perform a quick search in google.com or refer to online web hosting reviews and ratings sites like http://www.findmyhosting.com to sort out best hosting company for you.
5. Test out the` technical support’ - Try calling their support line. You can also have a tricky pre-sales question or two ready to ask. Make certain that you`re comfortable with both the courtesy and the technical competency of the support staff - because they`re the ones that you`ll be talking to if you ever really need help with your web site.
6. Look for a money-back guarantee - Be certain to read the terms of the guarantee before you sign up. Many hosts are at present offers a free trial period or a money-back guarantee.
Take these steps to make sure a successful transfer. You`re transition to your new web host will be much easier, and hopefully you won`t have to make another web hosting change for a long, long
7 things that you should keep in mind before signing up for a web hosting package.
1. Reliability and speed of access
Try choosing the webhost which is reliable, fast and guarantees 99.5% or higher uptime.
The host must pay for the bandwidth that your site consumes. Don't believe any commercial web host that advertises "unlimited bandwidth". Always look for details on how much traffic the package allows.
3. Disk space
Don’t consider disk space as a big factor when comparing with other web hosts as you are less likely to consume 500MB space even if your host allows it for lesser amount.
4. Technical support
Test the technical support of the host by sending e-mails on holidays or midnight and note how long they take to respond. By the way, the advertisements ‘24/7 support ‘does not inevitably signify that it truly has that sort of support.
5. Email, Auto responders, POP3, Mail Forwarding
In common, you have to look for a Windows server, if you want to use ASP, otherwise a Unix-based web using the Apache web server would be the best as these servers let you to configure a bunch of facilities that you normally need on your site (error pages, securing your images... etc) without having to ask your web host to apply them.
7. Others' Reviews
Check out what others have to say about the webhost you are signing up for. Read reviews and comments on the hosting company which helps a great deal to choose right one for you website. You don't want to leave out this step, or you may be stuck within a host that everyone else is routing off.
Find top 10 web hosting site on wpdesigner.com